Jet began feeling bad on Monday afternoon and complained of a headache, fever, and chills through the night.  She felt so miserable when she woke up that she could barely get out of bed.  I gave Ben his breakfast, walked him over to Donald and Linda’s, then went driving around looking for an immediate care clinic to look at Jet.  We got into one just after 9:00am and although they immediately suspected the flu, that test came up negative and her test for strep throat came back positive.  Jet got an anti-biotic shot and I brought her back home with the instructions to sleep as much as she could for the rest of the day.  I spent the rest of the day with Ben at Donald and Linda’s while Jet recovered by herself.  Jet told me that she was feeling better this morning, but I will leave from school early today so that she can get some more rest and recover.

We did get some snow on Sunday – although I can’t say how much.  Well, we had enough that about an inch or so stayed on the grass for about 1 hour after it stopped snowing.  It snowed pretty good though from around 7:00am – 11:00am and likely had a few inches fall.  There is still snow in the mountains around here, so that tells you that it hasn’t been that warm around here since Saturday.  No worries though, we will be in the 60’s today and 70’s is forecasted for the next 10 days.  We will be off to Charleston, South Carolina next weekend (leaving Thursday, returning Saturday) for a conference, so it looks like we will have great weather at least until then.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: